The aim of this procedure is to resolve all clients' problems or worries as quickly as possible. In the common of cases we hope that any issues can be resolved quickly and politely to customers' satisfaction at branch level.
If you a client does come across a problem; please follow these steps:
Stage One - Speak to branch
Complaints should, in the first instance, be directed to the employees of the estate agency branch you have been dealing with. They will endeavour to communicate with you quickly and resolve your complaint immediately, no later than two working days from first notification.
Stage Two - Branch Manager
If, after you have dealt with the employer, and you remain disappointed you may address your concerns to the branch manager by a letter. Once acknowledged, the Branch Manager will contact you within five working days.
Stage Three - Complain to Council
If you've followed the other steps and still haven't been able to get your problem solved you might be able to complain to your local council. Your local council can only help with complaints about:
- Repairs that cause a risk to your health and safety not being done (e.g. faulty electrical wiring not being fixed)
- Illegal eviction
- Dishonest or unfair trading behaviour
Final Stage -
If eight weeks has passed and your complaint has still not been satisfied then you should refer your complaint to one of the following schemes:
- CMP - this is a Client Money Protection Membership Scheme for Property Agents to protect their clients' money against the theft or misappropriation of the client money by the Member's owners. CMP Membership Number - CMP002187
- The Property Redress Scheme (PRS), our membership number is PRS004754 - Our clients will benefit from simple three stage process to resolve the complaint:
1. The client will first be given an opportunity to resolve the complaint directly
2. The Property Redress Scheme offers a mediation service
3. The Property Redress Scheme Ombudsman will make a binding decision on the complaint
- Deposit Protection Service (DPS) - this service keeps your deposit safe, our membership number is 1200342.
- Rent Smart Wales - Rent Smart Wales process landlord registrations and grant licences to landlords and agents who need to comply with the Housing (Wales) Act 2014. Our licence number is LR-48005-93959.